Today I have to clean up my OmniFocus. This is more than a weekly review. The weekly review process starts with committing my email inbox and all the stuff on my desk to OmniFocus. But I don't want to place more stuff into that system before weeding out all the crashed projects and tasks. This is going to be emotionally painful.
I start a project called "OmniFocus Gardening" with the following tasks
- add project and/or context to task
- remove projects that are already finished or expired
- do all projects have at least one next doable action?
- add action to projects with no action
- add doabable prerequisite actions where necessary
- are the projects in proper (sub-)folders?
- are all contexts relevant?